lördag 30 augusti 2008

Rehabiliterings-monolog

...
Jag såg "Things we lost in the fire" igen. Återigen måste jag påpeka filmes storhet. Slutscenen är otroligt gripande och är ett av mina bästa filmögonblick någonsin. Det blir såklart starkast upplevelse när man ser filmen, men strunt samma. Jeremy sitter på ett NA-möte och säger följande:

"Hi my name is Jeremy and I'm an addict.

I've been clean for 89 days.
My mind is clear... and I think it's getting better.
Every day a little bit.
But I want to talk about this dream I keep having.

It always start with me stealing silverware.
Then I go sell it to this guy who I used to know, who own a catering service.
Then with the money I go to this place where I used to buy my drug of choice.
And, he's not around. So I go to all the spots, right. But for some reason, no one is around.

All of Seattle is dry. And then I get that feeling. The drain.

And I panic. And I start crying. And it's raining and it's dark. And then I'm at my old apartment and I'm thrashing right through it, looking for something I might have stashed away. And I think I'm having a seizure. And then I find a balloon hidden in my suitcase.

So there I am, with a bag of junk in one hand and the money for my next fix in my other. And I feel a total outer peace.

And I wake up.
One day at a time. One day at a time"

Inga kommentarer: